Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to do Custom Field Search ?

on 7/4/15, 6:04 AM 463 views

How to search a product in the Sales->Product module with the custom field EX:- x_Class; Label:- Class.

Search based on the description is possible ? 

On 7/7/15, 8:50 AM

Did you create your custom field as searchable? Anyway, have a look here to see if it's what you need. 

Richmond Ang
On 7/28/15, 1:56 AM

Seems like you added the field from the developer mode in the UI. You should be able to edit the search view in a similar way as editing the form or tree view.

On 7/8/15, 1:20 AM

I have seen the configurtion tags in the link,but I need to know where I have to add the code in Odoo ? 

You can do directly on Odoo (for test) from

Settings --> User Interface --> Views
but it's better inherit the view fwith a new xml from an external custom module.
on 7/8/15, 8:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/4/15, 6:04 AM
Seen: 463 times
Last updated: 7/28/15, 1:56 AM