Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to do a quotation with a percentage margin?

Lionel J
on 6/4/14, 8:44 AM 1,556 views

I want to do a quotation.

I can choose a margin (in €) but not a percentage, for example, 20% of margin.

Should I have to calculate manually the margin at each time or is there a module who can provide a solution?

I wish this were possible

Lionel J
on 6/20/14, 5:00 AM

Sigh...as do I. Even in price lists you can't do it. You can set the sale price via percentage, but minimum margin is just a flat dollar amount. How stupid.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 6/20/14, 5:11 AM
Lionel J
On 6/20/14, 5:00 AM

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 7/2/14, 9:27 AM

You could have a look at the following: you can tick the option Display margins on sales orders through Settings > Sales > Sale Feature. This installs the sale_margin module which calculates and displays the margin for the whole quotation. For more information, refer to https://doc.openerp.com/book/6/6_16_Sales/6_16_Sales_margins/#margins-on-sales-orders 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/4/14, 8:44 AM
Seen: 1556 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM