Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to display the field value in snippets ?

Ajay Tandon
on 12/16/15, 4:43 AM 647 views

I had created a snippets with static data and while drag and drop in website it displays the content, where as how to display dynamic field value in that snippets. By the way after displaying and editing how the values are reflecting in database ??

Thanks in Advance

Jamin Shah
On 12/16/15, 6:26 AM

In Snippet you can access any field of website object by <t t-esc="website.social_facebook">.

Thanks, if i try to change the social_facebook value in website frontend, how to reflect that in backend.

Ajay Tandon
on 12/16/15, 10:36 PM

Display using means it get value from backend and changing it while in edit mode will automatically reflect that in backend.

Jamin Shah
on 12/17/15, 12:09 AM

I had changed the content value in front value but it is not changing the value in backend

Ajay Tandon
on 12/17/15, 3:18 AM

By the way if i want to display value of some some other object value what should i need to do?

Ajay Tandon
on 12/17/15, 3:54 AM

Are you using Share snippet defaultly provided?It doesnt using .

Jamin Shah
on 12/17/15, 5:59 AM

For using other object data, you need to make related widget and controller.You can see live example in website_event module .Go through '/event/get_country_event_list' route in website event.

Jamin Shah
on 12/17/15, 6:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/16/15, 4:43 AM
Seen: 647 times
Last updated: 12/16/15, 11:39 PM