Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to display the "External Identifier" of a record on a form

By
Kyle Connor
on 11/3/15, 10:39 AM 263 views

I'm trying to display the External Identifier of a record on the form to prevent having to double enter it. I'm fairly new to Odoo dev and so I've been searching and found nothing that I could follow exactly, though have attempted multiple things.

The reason is that I have some external data that is produced from a different system that I need be able to import easily. The kicker is that this ID needs to be seen by the user so they can check on the other system if needed to avoid "which John Doe" issues. As the data is obviously already tied together, I know there is a way to do it but I'm at a loss of how. 

Thanks for your help!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/3/15, 10:39 AM
Seen: 263 times
Last updated: 11/3/15, 10:39 AM