Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to display a nice popup on the top right corner?

By
Weste
on 4/29/13, 8:59 AM 1,529 views

Hi,

For example, when you have some required fields in a view and you try to save without filling them, you get that nice popup on the top right corner saying "The following fields are invalid".

How could I display such a thing in my modules?

Thanks

Weste
On 4/29/13, 11:04 AM

In fact, I was wondering if it's possible to use it for other purposes than check required fields. For example, I have a python function performing a check on the values entered, and I'd like to use this kind of popup instead of the usual messagebox. What interests me in this popup is that it doesn't take the focus and oblige the user to click ok before doing something else.

okay, sorry I not have idea. but this popup take the focus just tap Enter (I have tested it with chrome and firefox).

Borni DHIFI
on 4/29/13, 11:27 AM

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 4/29/13, 10:55 AM

just add required in your field

example :

'name': fields.char("Name ",size=128,required=True),

and this popup is automatically displayed.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/13, 8:59 AM
Seen: 1529 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM