Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to display a list of boms for each product/bom?

By
philjun
on 12/1/14, 7:54 AM 623 views

In the mrp-module, each product can be related to a single bill-of-materials (bom) describing the sub-components of that product.

Now, I want to work in the opposite direction, so to speak: For each product (or alternatively for the bom related to the product) I want to display a list of all boms, in which this product/bom figures as a sub-component. In other words, given a product, I want to answer the question: In which (other) products does this product appear as a component? 

How is this best achieved?

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 12/1/14, 11:12 AM

I don't know if Odoo offers an off-the-shelve report for this. I do know however that each line in a MRP BOM is in fact in the same table as the BOM itself (because you can have a multi-depth BOM). Also, all these lines have product_id values in there, so logically and query wise; if the line in the mrp_bom table contains both a parent_id (meaning it is part of a BOM) and has your product_id, then it needs to be displayed in the overview.

Perhaps something as simple as a view on mrp_bom using some filters could do the trick. Another one is to check under products if someone already created such a view. Good start would be on the BOM or the product itself, under the "More" button.

mikemindal007
On 12/1/14, 11:35 AM

yes

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/1/14, 7:54 AM
Seen: 623 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM