Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to disable the comment feature on product pages?

By
Kasper Souren
on 10/13/14, 5:33 PM 654 views

There is a comment form on my product pages. How to disable it?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 10/14/14, 12:03 AM

Assuming you are on Odoo 8, and assuming you are talking about the product pages on your website:

1. Log in as admin (or any user who has privileges to modify the website)
  2. Go to a product page where you see a comment section at the bottom
  3. In the top right menu, click on "Customize" and uncheck the "Discussion" option.

Hmm, my website is in German and under "Anpassen" I see "HTML Editor", "Ändere Vorlage" and "Installiere Anwendungen", none of these 3 seem to be a translation of "Discussion".

Kasper Souren
on 10/14/14, 5:33 AM

Switched to English, under "Customize" I only see "HTML Editor", "Change Theme" and "Install Apps". How can I turn it of in the database? (E.g. through erppeek.)

Kasper Souren
on 10/14/14, 5:34 AM

Switched to English, under "Customize" I only see "HTML Editor", "Change Theme" and "Install Apps". How can I turn it of in the database? (E.g. through erppeek.)

Kasper Souren
on 10/14/14, 5:34 AM

If you don't see it, it means that your user doesn't have the access right to modify this. Troubleshooting access rights is very complex without having access to your system. The easiest solution is to connect as the admin (user with the id=1) to make sure you have access to this checkbox. You can also test on runbot,odoo.com to see how it looks like.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 10/14/14, 2:02 PM

I am (and was) running this as admin (id=1). I wouldn't mind doing it through psql/erppeek if the interface remains broken but for that I need to know which db model to change.

Kasper Souren
on 10/14/14, 2:14 PM

Does you user have the technical feature checkbox checked on its form view?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 10/14/14, 2:31 PM

Yes "Technical Features" is checked.

Kasper Souren
on 10/14/14, 2:34 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/13/14, 5:33 PM
Seen: 654 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM