Odoo Help

3 Answers
Mohamed arif India
3/25/13, 8:16 AM

This can managed by Access Rules. See Access Rules at Settings / Security.

1 Comment
QTEN COMPUTER SOLUTION, alancham Malaysia
3/28/13, 6:11 AM

Hi Arif, Thank you for your information. I followed this link http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-opw-586451-pna/revision/8728 ( information about add 'interval' and 'count' in line 1513 in base_calendar/base_calendar.py) so that i can set the Private in calendar. after add this, calendar will show 'Busy' for private meeting. then I go Settings / Security / Record Rules, search for "Hide Private Meetings", only checked the "Apply for Read" , but the Private Meeting still can Edit by other user.

Chetan Dhaduk India
3/25/13, 9:35 AM

Hi alancham,

To Disable other user to edit your calendar meeting and only login user can edit his meeting for that you have to create record rules form Setting/Security/Record Rules.

Like that example :

<record id="calendar_meeting_personal_rule" model="ir.rule"> <field name="name">Calander Meeting</field> <field model="ir.model" name="model_id" ref="model_basic_calendar"/> <field name="domain_force">[('user_id','=',user.id)]</field> <field name="groups" eval=""/> </record>

In define record rules eval you have to define your group list.

Using this only login user can see and edit only that calendar meetings.

Thank You, Chetan Dhaduk(SerpentCS Pvt. Ltd.)

2 Comments
QTEN COMPUTER SOLUTION, alancham Malaysia
3/28/13, 6:15 AM

Hi, Chetan Dhaduk, Thank you for your information, but in version 7, i can't found where I can add the field Rules. can you please give more detail ? Thank you for your afford. alancham

Mohamed arif India
3/28/13, 8:16 AM

From the user settings, add 'Technical Features' from 'Access Rights', then logout and login. Now you can see additional menus under Settings. See menu Security in Settings for Rules.

Elmasry Egypt
5/15/13, 7:28 AM

i have the same problem ... but i want to make the creater and the attendees see it and only the creater who can Edit and delete this meeting then i used this steps to do that

1- Settings >> security >> Record Rule

2- create new record rule on Meeting Object and the domain is

['|',('partner_ids','in',user.partner_id.id),('user_id','=',user.id)]

and this solved my first problem and only creater and attendees only who can see the meeting.

But all can edit it i do my best to know how to limit attendees to edit this

if u knew please tell me

Ask a Question
Writer
Tag
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now