This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hi,

How to set to Disable other user to edit my calendar meeting so that the user just can edit that user's meeting, but still can view others calendar meeting ?

Thank you.

alancham

Discard
Best Answer

This can managed by Access Rules. See Access Rules at Settings / Security.

Discard
Author

Hi Arif, Thank you for your information. I followed this link http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-opw-586451-pna/revision/8728 ( information about add 'interval' and 'count' in line 1513 in base_calendar/base_calendar.py) so that i can set the Private in calendar. after add this, calendar will show 'Busy' for private meeting. then I go Settings / Security / Record Rules, search for "Hide Private Meetings", only checked the "Apply for Read" , but the Private Meeting still can Edit by other user.

Best Answer

1/ Modify recording rule 1=1 by [('user_id','=',user.id)] with all right access

2/ add new one with domain [('user_id','!=',user.id)] and give them only read right

-> you'll can create modify only your calendar meeting, the others no (only read right)

Discard
Best Answer

To have the EDIT button appear only for certain records, see my answer here:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/limiting-edition-of-event-in-calendar-only-to-creator-in-odoo-10-136385

Discard
Best Answer

i have the same problem ... but i want to make the creater and the attendees see it and only the creater who can Edit and delete this meeting then i used this steps to do that

1- Settings >> security >> Record Rule

2- create new record rule on Meeting Object and the domain is

['|',('partner_ids','in',user.partner_id.id),('user_id','=',user.id)]

and this solved my first problem and only creater and attendees only who can see the meeting.

But all can edit it i do my best to know how to limit attendees to edit this

if u knew please tell me

Discard
Best Answer

Hi alancham,

To Disable other user to edit your calendar meeting and only login user can edit his meeting for that you have to create record rules form Setting/Security/Record Rules.

Like that example :

<record id="calendar_meeting_personal_rule" model="ir.rule"> <field name="name">Calander Meeting</field> <field model="ir.model" name="model_id" ref="model_basic_calendar"/> <field name="domain_force">[('user_id','=',user.id)]</field> <field name="groups" eval=""/> </record>

In define record rules eval you have to define your group list.

Using this only login user can see and edit only that calendar meetings.

Thank You, Chetan Dhaduk(SerpentCS Pvt. Ltd.)

Discard
Author

Hi, Chetan Dhaduk, Thank you for your information, but in version 7, i can't found where I can add the field Rules. can you please give more detail ? Thank you for your afford. alancham

From the user settings, add 'Technical Features' from 'Access Rights', then logout and login. Now you can see additional menus under Settings. See menu Security in Settings for Rules.