Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to disable 'Export' & 'Mass mailing' menuitems?

By
SANTIAGO
on 2/5/13, 1:50 PM 4,526 views

How can I disable the option to export partners to CSV or XLS in OpenERP 7. Or to send them a mass mailing?

As I read, this can be done by changing permissions to ir.export.linea and ir.export for a group of users. But what happens is that by giving the 'Export' button actually opens the alert window saying that you don't have permission, but if the user closes this alert, behind is the fully accessible and functional export window!

In the other hand, unchecking the Import/Export option in general settings only works for 'Import' not for 'Export'.

Does someone have a new answer for disable Export menuitem? We want to allow this only to a group of our choice. Someone knows how to do that?

Bonnet Denis
on 3/11/13, 1:05 PM

Dido you find a way to disable it? I'm having the same issue.

Nicolas Lopez
on 4/10/14, 6:24 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/20/13, 9:00 AM

So you can disable 'Mass Mailing':

1. goto Settings -> Actions -> Window Actions
  2. Search for 'Mass Mailing'
  3. Set allowed User Groups in the Security Tab (e.g. Administration / Settings)

Thank you, but there is no "mass mailing" in Windows Actions. The similar one (mail.compose.message) affects to all kind of mailings.

SANTIAGO
on 2/20/13, 12:15 PM

This should be the correct window action! Try to set User Groups. The Destination Model is 'mail.compose.message' and the action name is 'Mass Mailing'. But if you have another language than English then the action name is different.

Andreas Brueckl
on 2/22/13, 4:25 AM

OK, it seems that is in the same context {'default_composition_mode': 'mass_mail'}. And do you know where to find the export menuitem?

SANTIAGO
on 2/22/13, 4:57 AM

I have search for it and I only found it in the code of the 'web' module. It seams to be visible for every object and I did not find a way how to hide it. However if a user wants to export the data he/she could also copy and paste, it only takes longer than the export. What I want to say: If someone wants to export data you can not prevent him.

Andreas Brueckl
on 2/22/13, 5:05 AM

You are right, it's impossible to prevent it. For now what we did is to set the limit of records to view/select to 25 instead of the default of 80. So its only possible to export by 25 in 25.

SANTIAGO
on 2/22/13, 5:21 AM

Sorry, but that is not a good excuse. Just because somebody could manually copy one record at a time does not mean that you should allow them to export. Making the export feature an immutable item on every tree view menu is bad security. Atleast give administrators the ability to disable it completely for all users until a proper ACL scheme is implemented.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 8/13/13, 6:59 PM

If someone has read access to a certain object he can also use the XMLRPC interface to read-out all values. So you can not prevent this.

Andreas Brueckl
on 8/14/13, 5:12 AM

yes, but you can disable XMLRPC read access.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 8/14/13, 11:59 AM
Carlos Liébana Anero
On 11/24/14, 7:02 AM

You can take a look to remove_openerp_export from anybox. Not enough karma to post link.

SANTIAGO
On 2/20/13, 12:14 PM

Thank you, but there is no "mass mailing" in Windows Actions. The similar one (mail.compose.message) affects to all kind of mailings.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/13, 1:50 PM
Seen: 4526 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM