This question has been flagged
3 Replies

product : Pressure Cooker

category : Home appliance

company name : prestige

model : delux/popular etc

grade : 3 ltr/2 ltr etc

I have 5 pressure cooker, whose model or grade changes, but all products name is pressure cooker. How can i differentiate each product at time of sale order?

Now all the 5 pressure cooker shows same in the sale.order.line , i don't know which is the correct option?

Discard
Best Answer

You can differentiate product with its Reference(default_code) with same name.

We can differentiate same product name with different reference in sale.order.line.

Here is the example of it,

image description

Here product name is same but Reference is different. So this way we can differentiate product in sale.order.line

Discard
Author

Ok. i tried that. But how i easily identify-Pressure cooker-prestige-delux-3 ltr. [3]delux is this fine?

You can specify delux-3ltr as a reference. It will surely identical.

Author

Ok thanks for your response, Keyur.

Author

I added company,model,grade as custom field in the product form. if i search model+grade in product form, can i show the heading as model+grade? Is it possible?

Author

your answer is right, Keyur. But when we select product from sale order line, how i differentiate it?

Author

Ok. its my mistake. Thanks for your reply. Did you know this "I added company,model,grade as custom field in the product form. if i search model+grade in product form, can i show the heading as model+grade? Is it possible?"

If you want to search by model & grade then add them in search view of product. Then you can easily differentiate them.

Author

I added both in search view as group by. My requirement is when i select both model+grade, search string only shows model name. i want both model name and grade name.

It is hard to understand problem in comments. Please elaborate your problem in main question and also specify OpenERP version you are using. Add some screenshot of your problem if possible. Thanks.

Best Answer

E.g. In point of sale there are lots products which have same name like for coca-cola: 1. Coca-cola light 1L 2. Coca-cola light 2L 3. Coca-cola Regular 1L 4. Coca-cola Zero 3L

Same thing you can use it for Pressure Cooker.

Discard
Author

I'm using sales order not POS, Twinkle.

Best Answer

I have another take on this... you should create a module (actually I think you can find one in apps.openerp.com) that makes the name and default_code of the product.product and product.template models unique. And you should work with variants in order to manage the product differentiation.

Discard
Author

but i'm using v7