Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Deploy Pentaho Reports in a Tomcat server ?

Luis Felipe
on 5/7/13, 5:21 PM 3,519 views

I've followed the André's Schenkels tutorial:

And the Willow IT videos.

When i have OpenERP + Tomcat in the same machine.

Everything goes well

But when i try a VM for TOMCAT i got this error:

Are there any errors in the server settings that OpenERP is not accepting connections?

You are not providing sufficient details for it to be possible to see how to help. I tried to use Pentaho with V7, but it failed because the connector was for V6. A patch is available, though. Have you applied it?

on 5/7/13, 8:47 PM

I followed this tutorial:

Running in the same machine OpenERP + Pentaho Reports Engine ( On TOMCAT or ant launch ) works well.....

But when i try in diferent machines, and call the SAME report in openerp action menu. OpenERP can contact the TOMCAT, but i don't no why the returns crash... OpenERP Warning:

Pentaho returned no data for the report 'res.partner.listreport'. Check report definition and parameters.

Luis Felipe
on 5/7/13, 9:01 PM

Ok, so you have a connectivity issue between Pentaho and OpenERP that only occurs when they are on different machines. The OpenERP machine refuses the connection. You do not mention investigating firewall issues. Could that be the cause? Both machines are Ubuntu 12.04 LTS? Could Ubuntu be blocking all but authorized IP addresses to connect to the XMLRPC port?

on 5/8/13, 9:39 AM
Luis Felipe
On 5/8/13, 10:05 AM

[SOLVED] Configure the ip address of the network interface in openero-server.conf:

xmlrpcs = True
xmlrpcs_interface = ip of openerp interface
xmlrpcs_port = 8071
xmlrpc_interface = ip of openerp interface
xmlrpc_port = 8069
xmlrpc = True

Well done!

on 5/8/13, 10:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 5/7/13, 5:21 PM
Seen: 3519 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM