This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I am new to odoo and still in learning phase. I want to know that how can I deploy odoo on a local network so that I can access it on another computer connected on a same network.

A complete guide will be appreciated as due to my lack of knowledge I am not able to go through the terms in the given link:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/deploy.html#builtin-server

Odoo version: 13.                                            
Windows10 Pro
core i3 3220 @ 3.3 GHz
4GB of RAM

This is the pc which i want to make my main pc.

Thanks for any advice.

Discard
Author

I cannot access the page. Are there any more setup like allowing in firewall etc. I do not know much about it.

Author

Its says

The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.10.9 is taking too long to respond.

Author

I was able to connect to the computer. On the computer on which odoo is installed, i added the port to windows firewall inbound rule and I was able to use it on another computer

Author

Hi,

You can access the odoo computer connected to the same network. First we need to add the port to windows firewall. Open Control Panel, go to System and Security, then select Windows Defender Firewall. Then click on Advance Settings.

A new windows will open.

Right click on Inbound rules and select New Rule.

Select Port option and click on next.Add the port no. 8069 (or yours if you have change the default). I did not change TCP or UDP settings. My default was TCP.

Select Allow the connection.

Choose on which networks you are allowing it.

Name it whatever you want. I am going it with odoo so if I have to change my setting I could find it easily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now type you ipport on the other computer connected to the same network. it will be like 192.168.10.1:8069

If you don know your ipport, run Command Prompt as administrator. type ipconfig and note the IPv4 Addresses. It could be of Ethernet Adapter if you are connected by a cable or Wireless adapted if you are connected by a wireless connection.

Best Answer

Hi,

You can get the odoo exe file from here: https://www.odoo.com/page/download

just download it and run it. To access it from other system in the same network, share your ip:port to the the others, it will be like 192.168.2.11:8069

Thanks

Discard