This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I've got a problem with access rules. When I started creating my custom module and didn't know a lot about odoo I created a model named hr.pay_history. After that I totally changed the model and changed the _name to hr.pay.history. 

Now when I create a new user for the module it can't access the model, because the access rule is taken for the model hr.pay_history that doesn't even exist any more.

access_hr_pay_history,access_hr_pay_history,model_hr_pay_history,,1,1,1,1

I found a record for the old model in ir_model, but I can't delete the record. I can change user access rules from odoo and it starts working but on the next module upgrade the problem comes back.

Any way to fix this without creating a fresh instance of odoo and installing the module on it? 

Problem is that I can't delete the instance that has the problem. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Am not getting what exactly your issue is,  if you are facing some issues in the current DB with the access rights and the database is a test database, do one thing, ignore current database and create a new one.

Then in the new DB, install the module by giving the correct model name. Hope it will work and if you face any issues let us know.

Thanks

Discard