Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to define Decimal Accuracy BY CUSTOM MODULE?

Estudios, Procesos y Sistemas
on 5/4/15, 9:47 AM 531 views

Someone know how to change decimal precision by custom module in Odoo 8.0?

Thxx a lot

I'm also interested in this, specifically for reporting.

Luke Branch
on 5/4/15, 10:08 AM

If you mean the Decimal Accuracy in settings, then you can change it with get these records ids from src code (XML) of Odoo then change the value

sameer alhwety
on 5/4/15, 10:36 AM

For anyone else reading, i've managed to change decimal precision on QTY fields from one decimal place (ie. 0.0) to no decimal places (ie. 0) using the following expression in python:

' % .f ' %product.packaging_ids.qty

This works specifically for printing product packaging quantity (ie. logistic units) on product catalog reports, however ' % .f ' % in particular should work in other cases as well where the value of the field is actually an integer.

Luke Branch
on 8/17/15, 10:04 PM
Ole Sloth
On 4/6/16, 6:03 AM

Your solution is NOT working in warehouse>Products>Procurement>Supplier

The minimal qty will show 1,00 and can not be changed by changing those parameters

I need a module, because I'm looking automatically customization.

Tomasz Leppich
On 5/5/15, 6:06 PM

You don't need a custom module for it. You have it by default in Odoo For language related reports printing Go to Settings > Translations > Languages

Other decimal settings you've got in Settings > Configuration > Warehouse - Decimal precision on weight

For other units of measure you can set it up in:

Sales > Configuration > Units of Measure - Rounding Precision

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/4/15, 9:47 AM
Seen: 531 times
Last updated: 4/6/16, 6:03 AM