Odoo Help

How to decrease stock because of free sample?

By
Bonnet Denis
on 4/30/14, 11:36 AM 1,288 views

I want to change stock value when a saler give a free sample to a customer or when products are out of date (we work with food reseler).

The free sample may be not in a saleorder so I can't use

I found nothing in warehouse management.

thanks.

It is actually pretty standard. In Reporting> > Inventory Analysis, stock will be calculated based on the quantity in stock multiplied by standard/average price. If you give a free sample away, the stock value will diminish. And somehow you should take the perished products out of stock (you will need to anyways)

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 4/30/14, 7:41 PM

How do I notice in OE that I gave a free sample or that a product is perished?

Bonnet Denis
on 5/2/14, 6:46 AM
Michael St-Georges
On 9/23/14, 7:35 AM

You could either use a module such as product_offered or if it's a possibility for you, you could go in the product and simply adjust the inventory quantities. It will be noted as a physical inventory, but will acheive the same result.

P.S: In business, those case are usually handled as 0$ orders, they are more traceable this way.

I'm trying this module but I have an XML arch error.

Bonnet Denis
on 9/29/14, 10:30 AM
Eva Pinter
On 9/23/14, 6:39 PM

Hello Denis,

The best ways to send out free samples are

1. Sales order with value 0, followed by a delivery

2. Movement out of your warehouse to your customer. You will then process it and your stock will be correct.

Good luck!

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/30/14, 11:36 AM
Seen: 1288 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM