Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to decrease stock because of free sample?

By
Bonnet Denis
on 4/30/14, 11:36 AM 1,021 views

I want to change stock value when a saler give a free sample to a customer or when products are out of date (we work with food reseler).

The free sample may be not in a saleorder so I can't use

I found nothing in warehouse management.

thanks.

It is actually pretty standard. In Reporting> > Inventory Analysis, stock will be calculated based on the quantity in stock multiplied by standard/average price. If you give a free sample away, the stock value will diminish. And somehow you should take the perished products out of stock (you will need to anyways)

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 4/30/14, 7:41 PM

How do I notice in OE that I gave a free sample or that a product is perished?

Bonnet Denis
on 5/2/14, 6:46 AM
Michael St-Georges
On 9/23/14, 7:35 AM

You could either use a module such as product_offered or if it's a possibility for you, you could go in the product and simply adjust the inventory quantities. It will be noted as a physical inventory, but will acheive the same result.

P.S: In business, those case are usually handled as 0$ orders, they are more traceable this way.

I'm trying this module but I have an XML arch error.

Bonnet Denis
on 9/29/14, 10:30 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 9/23/14, 5:41 AM
Eva Pinter
On 9/23/14, 6:39 PM

Hello Denis,

The best ways to send out free samples are

1. Sales order with value 0, followed by a delivery

2. Movement out of your warehouse to your customer. You will then process it and your stock will be correct.

Good luck!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/30/14, 11:36 AM
Seen: 1021 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM