This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, Good Day, I am having some difficulties understanding how to declare Expenses in OpenERP. I do understand that to declare expenses, user must to go Human Resource > Expenses. I already tried to input some expenses such as Travel Allowance, and Food Allowance, and I do see that it automatically generate an Accounting Entries.

My question is, what will be the next step after confirming the Expense? and where to Disburse it? I don't have any Accounting Background so I'm confuse.

Thank You,

Your Feedback is highly Appreciated

Discard
Best Answer
  • Once you confirmed the expense, it created an supplier receipt for the employee. This is -more or less- the same as a supplier invoice (actually, these are different objects but they will create the same accounting entries).
  • So if your financial manager confirms that supplier receipt, it will create accounting entries telling that you have a debt in favor of your employee.
  • This debt will be closed as soon as you'll make the payment to your employee and reconcile the payment with the supplier receipt. For further information about this, please see http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/3/37/accountingentries.html and check the sections "managing bank statements" (normal way to encode the payment you'll make to your employees) and "reconciliation process" (matching the payment and the debt altogether).

so, in short: once you've created the accounting entries, you just need to follow the normal way to pay your creditors. There aren't any feedback on the expense, but it's pretty fair as the followup of the expense isn't anymore the responsibility of the HR manager, it's now the responsibility of the accountant.

Discard
Author

Hi, thanks for your answer, so meaning, after generating accounting entries., it will automatically creates a supplier invoice? right? I also want to know and to have knowledge on how to pay this confirmed expenses. Thanks again. :)

hum well, no :-) let me try again ^^ i just edited my first answer with a link you may find very useful. You won't pay the confirmed expense, you will pay the supplier receipt. The expense is considered as done in HR as soon as the relay is passed to the accountant.

Author

Thanks to for your patience and help Quentin, :D I will now try to explore and study the link you give me. hope I will understand it. hehe.

good luck ;-) don't forget to comment back on this question or mark my answer as correct if you think so. It may help other people

Unfortunately, after revision 8849 HR Expenses no longer genrates a Receipt (account.voucher) but only accounting entries See http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/revision/8849 [FIX] hr_expense now creates an account.move directly instead of a voucher. For legal issues, it was necessary to do this fix because it's not possible to put several taxes on a voucher line

I kind of miss the Supplier Invoice we got in 6.1 and the fix in rev 8849 kind of negates the "Leaner Expense Management" from the 7.0 Release note: http://v6.openerp.com/node/1269#h.aj6y4j85bhya