Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to deactivate user on contract expiration?

By
Daniel
on 4/29/16, 3:06 AM 243 views

Hello Community,

What is the possible way of deactivating user access to Odoo system on employee contract expiration?

Your contribution is highly welcome.

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 4/29/16, 6:48 AM

Hi Daniel,

Hope you want to deactivate users automatically when employee contract expires.

For this you have to define a method (For Eg: "deactivate_users()" ) in res.users object. Next define a cron job in ir.cron (Settings==> Technical==> Automation==> Scheduled Actions) and set Interval like one Day and indefinite calls.

• In deactivate_users() function you have to find required res.users id according to your requirement, and write the active field for this id's False

• Set Scheduler from Admin. And set the time to call function like 1 AM and 1 Day interval. Give -ve number in numbercall field for unlimited call times.

Each day this function will execute and de-activate contract expired users.

Hope this helps.

@ Baiju, Can you help me with the script please. Am very new to Odoo programming. Thanks

Daniel
on 4/29/16, 10:46 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/29/16, 5:12 AM

Just set the user to inactive under "Settings/User".

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/16, 3:06 AM
Seen: 243 times
Last updated: 5/1/16, 8:50 AM