Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to customise a form layout?

By
Ognyan Ivanov
on 3/2/13, 1:58 PM 1,418 views

Hi,

how can I change for instance the layout of a specific form, let's say the products' form. I would like to add some more fields, which are relevant to our company.

Your answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 3/2/13, 2:56 PM

You need to add the new fields to the model, and then to the form. The non-technical solution (without writing a module yourself) is:

1. In Settings, go to Technical -> Database Structure, find the model to change and edit it, then add the fields extra you need.
  2. In Settings, go to Technical -> User Interface, find the form and edit it's Architecture text. Look for tags <field> to choose a place to insert your new fields. A field can be added to a form by inserting a line such as <field name="my_field_name"/> next to other field tags.

You can find more details in this answer.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/2/13, 1:58 PM
Seen: 1418 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM