Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to created PO automatically when product has on hand qty is minimum.

By
Jignesh Mehta
on 12/1/15, 6:25 AM 626 views

Step which is I follow,

1. Create 1 product product_demo with procurement method make to order and buy

2.stock on hand update to 5.

3. Assign product to a Supplier with a minimal order quantity of 10

4. Create a reordering rule. 2 minimum 10 maximum.

5. Compute schedulers or minimum stock rules

Create a sales quotation for 3 quantity of product product_demo

Confirm the order and all the step which is done for the product like transfer and payment.

Now, I saw product_demo has onhand qty is 2 and because of reordering rule PO creates automatically.

But it doesn't work.

If I'm doing something wrong then Please tell me.

Thanks,

Automatic reordering is designed to work only with MAKE TO STOCK products (uncheck make to order).

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/1/15, 10:42 PM

Thanks @Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes

Jignesh Mehta
on 12/1/15, 11:08 PM
Nilim
On 1/25/16, 7:12 AM

Hi,

The concept of reordering works only when we select “BUY” by default in the SUPLLY CHAIN INFORMATION>ROUTES for any product(s) .We can also select “MAKE TO ORDER” along with “BUY” if we wish not to keep a stock of the product. By selecting “BUY” its made clear that we want to generate a purchase order of any particular product procurement.

In your case, as you quantity on hand is 2, but reordering rule depends on the fore-casted quantity of any product. If your fore-casted quantity is less that the minimum quantity which has been set in Reordering Rule, your Reordering Rule would work.

Refer this link for more info:

http://amit-parik.blogspot.in/

Hope it helps

Cheers!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/1/15, 6:25 AM
Seen: 626 times
Last updated: 1/25/16, 7:12 AM