Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create reports in Arabic language?

on 3/1/13, 5:46 PM 3,128 views

How can i make arabic report in openerp ?

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Mohammad Alhashash
On 3/2/13, 5:23 AM

The old and currently default reporting engine for OpenERP (RML) does not support Arabic because it is based on ReportLab Toolkit which does not support right-to-left direction or Arabic shaping. You can patch ReportLab to support Arabic and use it.

The new and recommended HTML-based reporting engine (module report_webkit) supports Arabic as it uses Webkit rendering engine to convert html to pdf. Check the 'Sales Reports' and 'OpenERP Account Financial Report' community addons as examples on how to write report-webkit reports.

Also, I think 'Aeroo Reports' should support Arabic too as it uses OpenOffice.org to render reports but I did not test it.

Thank you Mohammad for this, btw I found this and works for me http://forums.openerparabia.org/Fix-Arabic-language-support-td43.html

Mohamad Rashad
on 11/29/13, 12:55 AM

| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India

Odoo Expert

On 4/18/13, 2:43 AM

If you are using version 6.1 then this little change will help to generate Arabic report in pdf.

does this work in openerp v7? i notice you specifically refer to v6.1. i am afraid to try. from what i have seen u seem to have done a great job.

omar bajunaid
on 4/23/13, 8:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 3/1/13, 5:46 PM
Seen: 3128 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM