Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
After some experimenting I managed to set up custom forms through the front-end of Odoo in v8 website builder.
The short version: create a new page from website_builder and copy the HTML sources of contactus and contact_form together into your new page. Remove the kwargs div and start configuring to your liking.
...and these are the step-by-step instructions and some tips and tricks at the bottom:
- Create a new page from the frontend (Content - New Page)
- Open the 'Contact Us' form and go to Customize - HTML Editor
- Copy the <div id="wrap">....</div> and its entire content (i.e. the entire page minus the <t> tags)
- Go back to your 'new page', customize - HTML editor and delete everything between its <t> tags
- Paste your form code between the <t> tags instead.
- Go back to your 'Contact Us' form, customize - HTML editor.
- From the dropdown select the file ' - Contact Form' (it should now say "Template ID: website_crm.contactus_form" at the top)
- Copy the entire <form ....>...</form> tag incl its content
- Back to the 'new page', customize - HTML Editor
- Now replace the <div ... name="mail_button" > and its entire contenct with the <form> tag and its content by hitting paste (from point 8).
- Now comment out or delete the section (IMPORTANT)
<t t-foreach="kwargs" t-as="kwarg">
<input type="hidden" t-att-name="kwarg" t-att-value="kwarg"/>
- This is essentially it. Now you have a functioning copy of the contact form and you can start to modify it as nicely demonstrated here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnkyh0ctUI
Tips & Tricks:
You can use any of the field names in the Sales Lead Form to directly insert values into the desired fields from your form. For instance I wanted to make sure that each 'Lead' from this form is marked as coming through a separate channel. To do this I added a new Channel "Custom Form Submission" (which in my case got Channel ID 6 in the db). Channels are e.g. accessible from the Sales Lead form under Extra Info - Marketing. Then by adding a hidden field to the form's form-group, each form submission creates a lead which will have the right channel associated with it.
The code for the hidden field is below. Make sure to adjust the t-attf-value (i.e. the channel id) according to your setup:
<div class="col-md-7 col-sm-8">
<input type="hidden" class="form-control" name="medium_id" t-attf-value="6"/>
This should work with all your fields if you get the fieldname and the data type right.
Hope this helps everyone.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/11/15, 1:40 AM|
|Seen: 968 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|