Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create "mail.wall" in V8?

By
Martin
on 5/25/14, 7:07 AM 3,851 views

I have just installed OpenERP from source updated to yesterday's nightly release.

I installed the "website" module and restarted the server.

When I log in as Administrator I get the message : "Action Error" -- "Could not find client action 'mail.wall'"

mail.wall error 

Where can I find documentated the steps that are needed to install the 'website' module correctly?

anonymous 2183
On 5/26/14, 4:08 AM

I got this message just after clone from github, got solved by switch to debug mode or refresh browser.

Sorry for the delay. Just tried that and you are perfectly correct about the solution. Thank you.

Martin
on 6/1/14, 6:46 AM

I don't understand this answer. Anyone want to explain? Is that "openerp-server --debug" or browser javascript debugger?

Matt Taylor
on 10/2/14, 2:07 AM

He's referring to "developer mode" https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-activate-the-developer-mode-83

Martin
on 10/2/14, 7:02 AM
Luciana Souza
On 11/22/15, 5:39 AM

I faced the same issue:

I was setting up my development environment the same way as our production environment. I installed OpenERP from source version 8.0.20150816.

When I click on messaging I see the error message as posted by Martin. Activating developer mode did not help.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/25/14, 7:07 AM
Seen: 3851 times
Last updated: 11/22/15, 5:39 AM