Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create Indexes on Custom module?

on 2/18/15, 2:02 AM 1,020 views

I  would like to know, how to create SQL indexes on the custom module using Python/ORM methods....

| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
On 2/18/15, 2:50 AM

If you want to create complex indexes, you need to inherit _auto_init method of the model and execute a CREATE INDEX (using cr.execute) statement after you call the super.

If you just want to create per column index - PostgreSQL is capable to combine index, just add select=1 in the column definition, like so:

'name' ; fields.char('Name', size=64, select=1)

If you are interested on how a table and it's related objects, read the _auto_init method of BaseModel.

Thanks Ivan , Yes I too found the same by referring "account_move_line" object... However I came over across 2 kinds of select parameters, i.e "select=1" means Basic Search, "select="2" means Advance Search... Any idea what exactly is the difference... In database level I see no difference between these two indexes..

on 2/18/15, 4:09 AM

I think that has something to do with whether the field will be displayed as search criteria by default in a search view. If select=1, a default search view will have the field added. At least that is what I've experienced with v6. I'm not sure whether it is still valid for v7 and v8.

on 2/19/15, 10:22 PM

Ya ok, even I feel the same.. thanks anyway :)

on 2/23/15, 9:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/18/15, 2:02 AM
Seen: 1020 times
Last updated: 10/20/16, 7:40 AM