This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm new to Odoo Community 12. I'm starting to develop all the tools my company have now developed on other platforms (Excel, Project, Trello...) and something I've been requested to do is to create a Gantt View in which the root of each node will be an Employee and under it I need to have all the projects he is involved in, with the START and END date. In this way, my boss can check who is available for a certain date.

For my starts, I've been editing the project module using the web tools, I have not code everything for now, so I think I will have to migrate all the changes I've done to a file, and trying to don't lose anything.

Can I extend the default Project class to modify it? Or I need to create a new module? I want it to be the default project.project so I can use it in all other parts of the system, not just a new module.

Can I REPLACE the default Project View? So finally I can have the same XML I have edited using the Edit Form view?

How do I create a new Gantt View for Projects as described above?

Discard
Author

I've read Cybrosys answer, but I'm using Odoo 12 and those are for Odoo 11. Is there any way I can convert those modules to work on Odoo 12?

As I said I'm newbie to the Odoo system.

You can either try installing it in odoo12 and see whether it works or not. if not you might have to make some changes in it. Otherwise, you can refer the coding and can one of your own.

Also you can have a look at this module in store, which is not free, for the same: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/project_custom_gantt/

Author

I've no problem paying for that module. Does it allow showing the view by user as I described? I see projects and project tasks, but I need a view like the one in the pic you shared: each user with their FULL projects (not tasks). I have set date_start and date (end) for each project, and that's the line that should be displayed on the Gantt View.

Best Answer

Hi,

You can check out this module in Odoo store for free from OCA to get a similar view as Gantt in CE:- Project timeline

The above module will introduce the timeline view which is similar to the Gantt view for the Projects. If you need the same for other models you can use this base module: Web timeline

See the working video here: Project Task TimeLine/Gantt View Odoo

Thanks

Discard