• Functional  Design;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Help desk;

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 3 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ashraf El-Sharqawy Egypt
11/12/19, 3:36 PM

• Click on Modify Depreciation
  • Change the number of depreciation

Odoo will automatically recompute a new depreciation board.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/accounting/others/adviser/assets.html#create-assets-manually
User198605 India
12/27/14, 6:02 AM

I am also facing the same exact issue now.  I am evaluating openerp for my own business. I purchased an asset in 2005.  So I want inclue the old depreciations.  I gave the purchase date as 2005.  In the depriciation board, if I post any depreciation that belongs to old depreciation period, it is creating the depreciation journal for the current fiscal period.

Since I have some database skills, I tried to modify the fiscal period and effective date from backend.  However, after modifing the data from backend, that record is not showing in the UI.  Not sure what happend and how to fix also.  Any Ideas please. 

(I am not able comment now, so I am putting as answer.  Some one please convert this as comment)

1 Comment
User198605 India
12/29/14, 8:38 AM

I think following module has what I want (Need to verify more): https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/7.0/account_asset_management/

Ask a Question
Tag
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now