Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create BOM using .csv import/export?

By
joyal
on 4/7/13, 3:52 AM 6,793 views

I want to create BOM with BOM Lines, using .CSV files. Can any one susggest how to add BOM lines in .CSV files. I want to configure 1 BOM with->4 BOM lines using .csv files.

Patrik B
On 4/23/13, 5:34 PM
  1. Create a BoM with 2 or more lines (products) selected from available products in the database. This will be your template.
  2. Select all necessary fields including all the mandatory blue fields. Create an Import Compatible Export csv file. In addition to the BOM fields, you will probably need the following fields, bom_lines/name, bom_lines/product_id/id and bom_lines/product_uom/id for each line added.
  3. Modify the csv file as needed add new BOM and new lines. OpenERP will link each product_id to a product in its database.
  4. Save the csv file then import back in.

Note: If the added lines (products) in BOM don't already exist in OpenERP, then you must first import all products into the products database then export them to csv format. Using the product_id in the Products csv file, create the BOMs in the BOM csv file then import them to OpenERP BOMs.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/8/13, 3:19 AM

You can export one one of your already created BOM with its BOM line in csv format. And you can use same csv file to import with your BOM and BOM Lines.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

I am getting errors. can you please provide any BOM import .csv tested template if you have... Thanks for your assistance in advance.

joyal
on 4/11/13, 7:01 AM

Can you tell me which error you are getting ? There is not specific template I am having..

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
on 4/11/13, 9:01 AM

Export the products (Warehouse -> Products) that you are using in your BOM first (before trying to export the BOM). This makes sure that OpenERP generates an XML ID for them. If you don't do this, OpenERP will fill this value in and, often, gets it wrong. After you have done this, follow Patrik B's answer.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/23/13, 11:44 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/7/13, 3:52 AM
Seen: 6793 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM