This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to create BOM with BOM Lines, using .CSV files. Can any one susggest how to add BOM lines in .CSV files. I want to configure 1 BOM with->4 BOM lines using .csv files.

Discard
Best Answer
  1. Create a BoM with 2 or more lines (products) selected from available products in the database. This will be your template.
  2. Select all necessary fields including all the mandatory blue fields. Create an Import Compatible Export csv file. In addition to the BOM fields, you will probably need the following fields, bom_lines/name, bom_lines/product_id/id and bom_lines/product_uom/id for each line added.
  3. Modify the csv file as needed add new BOM and new lines. OpenERP will link each product_id to a product in its database.
  4. Save the csv file then import back in.

Note: If the added lines (products) in BOM don't already exist in OpenERP, then you must first import all products into the products database then export them to csv format. Using the product_id in the Products csv file, create the BOMs in the BOM csv file then import them to OpenERP BOMs.

Discard
Best Answer

You can export one one of your already created BOM with its BOM line in csv format. And you can use same csv file to import with your BOM and BOM Lines.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard
Author

I am getting errors. can you please provide any BOM import .csv tested template if you have... Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Can you tell me which error you are getting ? There is not specific template I am having..

Export the products (Warehouse -> Products) that you are using in your BOM first (before trying to export the BOM). This makes sure that OpenERP generates an XML ID for them. If you don't do this, OpenERP will fill this value in and, often, gets it wrong. After you have done this, follow Patrik B's answer.