This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want limit each user can create one and only one record, how many users, how many records. The relation ship between user and record is one by one strictly. And I'm thinking to design a wizard to guide user input(the form would be separated to multiple steps, stage/navigation management is needed), the wizard would automatically create a record for an new user, and the wizard allows user re-enter to edit existing record until final submit. User might close the form and the data would be kept permanently until the next time user login back. User will see the last status in the wizard. But once form reach the last step and been submitted, they can view the record but not allowed to edit any more. I googled 2 days but didn't find any solution or example matches to my need. So I'm looking for help here.

Discard
Best Answer

As far as I know, Transient model didn't keep any record. It's just keeping temporary data when you open the wizard. After you close the wizard, the data in wizard will be gone unless you compute it to save on another model.

So I think you can make a transient model with the current record id, pass the record to transient to handle the data, or do whatever you want to do with the record.

Discard