This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everyone!

Really exited with OpenERP, I just got running version 7.0, and one of the apps that we would like to use is the Project Managment.

As part of what we need is to create a user with a "read only" access. To be more specific, we would like to asign a user to our costumers so they can log in, and see (read only) how their related projects are going on.

Have been searching around on how to do it, but im not able to get it work. Also the user documentation that I find in OpenERP is only for version 6.1 or less, so i get more confused.

Thanks!!

Santiago

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your answer!

I found it, just got a little tricky with the object names and for some reason the menu and navigation was not showing right. Anyway for any other future reference here is what i did:

• Based on OpenERP V 7.0
  • To view under settings the "group" configuration, you have to enable under your admin user, access rights, the "Technical Features" check box. Log out and log in to apply changes.
  • Now under Setting - Group, I opened the group Project / User (as is the one that gets most closest to what I was looking), and in the upper menu I choose to "Duplicate" this group.
  • Finally in the duplicated group, I changed the name and put all Access Rights only to Read, and of course with the user that I want to give only read permissions, I added only to this group

Thanks!!

Santiago

Discard

Just a minor note: after changing access rights you can simply reload the web page to update your view. You don't need to log out and back in again.

Author

Great, thanks for the note Mike!

Best Answer

Hello,

Just create a new group with access rights assigned as 'read'(checkbox ticked) for the model (objects) that you want this group to have access too and assign this group to the users i.e in your case the customers.

Thanks,

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

If you want to make particular user readonly for some applications or models, or whole project then this module is helpful.

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/15.0/read_only_user_rights/

Discard