Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to create a new record from incomming mail (custom module)

By
Beat Besmer
on 7/9/14, 2:27 PM 1,158 views

a incoming e-mail should create a new record in my model.

the model exists, it contains two fields and i can edit manually .
under incoming-mail-server i also choosed "create new record" pointing at my model
i guess i can use the "message_new" function from the project_issue.py to my model.py and change some values to get the values in (subject, sender, body) in my models fields. am i right?

i just started learning phyton so i can need some hints :) thx

Beat Besmer
On 7/29/14, 1:10 PM

i was right with the method "message_new"

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/customize-the-auto-lead-creation-through-incoming-emails-272, answer of Lucio from 2/19/13 helped me out so far

just had to use correct syntax to write in database :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/9/14, 2:27 PM
Seen: 1158 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM