Odoo Help

how to create a new menu?

on 2/28/14, 10:17 AM 1,361 views

hi everyone! I want to create a new module call: Magasin whose menu consists of 6 items: OUTILLAGE, PIÈCES DE RECHARGE, ELECTRICITÉ , FOURNITURES GÉNÉRALES and FOURNITURES DE BUREAU thank you in advance

Sudhir Arya (ERP Harbor Consulting Services)

--Sudhir Arya (ERP Harbor Consulting Services)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (ERP Harbor Consulting Services)--

• Co-Founder & Co-Owner at ERP Harbor Consulting Services

• ERP Consultant / ERP Customization / TechnoFunctional Expert

• Sound knowledge in Python, Odoo (Open ERP), XML, PostgreSQL

• Domain knowledge of Sale Management, Purchase Management, Warehouse Management, Manufacturing, Multi Company Configuration & Management, HR Management, Medical Management, Construction Management, Education Management, Point of Sale, Third Party Integrations

• Positive attitude and quick Learner

• Good analytical skill, quick bug and issue tracing and find the solution

• Good knowledge and experience in payment gateway integration with Odoo

• Ready to accept new challenges

• Active Memeber On Stackoverflow 

Sudhir Arya
ERP Harbor Consulting Services
Sudhir Arya (ERP Harbor Consulting Services)
On 2/28/14, 4:00 PM

You have to create parent menus and then child menus.

In v7 you have to create two parent menus and then child menus to which you can bind actions in your xml file.

<menuitem name="Parent Root A" id="menu_parent_root_a"/>
<menuitem name="Parent A" id="menu_parent_a" parent="menu_parent_root_a"/>
<menuitem name="Child Action Menu" id="menu_child_action" parent="menu_parent_a" action="your_action_id"/>

You may find more examples in OpenERP addons. Addons are our best friend in OpenERP.

Hope this will help you.

thank you, but whene can i create this parents and child menu!! can you tell me the procedure!! and thank you veryy much !(i have openerp7)

on 2/28/14, 4:40 PM

Did you create your module?

on 3/1/14, 3:42 AM

noo :( :( because i don't know whene can i create this parents and child menu!! :( can you tell me the procedure please!! i have openerp7, and i don't know whene can i find the administration menu

on 3/1/14, 10:38 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/28/14, 10:17 AM
Seen: 1361 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM