Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to create a new menu?

on 2/28/14, 10:17 AM 929 views

hi everyone! I want to create a new module call: Magasin whose menu consists of 6 items: OUTILLAGE, PIÈCES DE RECHARGE, ELECTRICITÉ , FOURNITURES GÉNÉRALES and FOURNITURES DE BUREAU thank you in advance

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 2/28/14, 4:00 PM

You have to create parent menus and then child menus.

In v7 you have to create two parent menus and then child menus to which you can bind actions in your xml file.

<menuitem name="Parent Root A" id="menu_parent_root_a"/>
<menuitem name="Parent A" id="menu_parent_a" parent="menu_parent_root_a"/>
<menuitem name="Child Action Menu" id="menu_child_action" parent="menu_parent_a" action="your_action_id"/>

You may find more examples in OpenERP addons. Addons are our best friend in OpenERP.

Hope this will help you.

thank you, but whene can i create this parents and child menu!! can you tell me the procedure!! and thank you veryy much !(i have openerp7)

on 2/28/14, 4:40 PM

Did you create your module?

on 3/1/14, 3:42 AM

noo :( :( because i don't know whene can i create this parents and child menu!! :( can you tell me the procedure please!! i have openerp7, and i don't know whene can i find the administration menu

on 3/1/14, 10:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/28/14, 10:17 AM
Seen: 929 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM