Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create a new group allowed only to create users in odoo

By
Drees Far
on 10/18/15, 8:43 AM 334 views

Good Morning;

I have a question and i need your help friends.

How can we create a new group allowed only to create users?

What are we going to put in access rights, views, menus...??

Please, i need your help

Regards

Pawan

--Pawan--
| 4 3 5
Hyderabad, India
--Pawan--

Pawan
On 10/19/15, 5:38 AM

Dress,

Please follow the steps:

1) Create your desired group "YOU_GROUP"

2) go to access rights and give res.users and give create/Edit/write/delete access for it

3) Now go to Settings -> Technical -> Security -> Access Controls List , and search for res.users object, you will get the list of all the access rights set for res.users object with group names

4) For all the groups other than your created "YOU_GROUP", remove create right access., and if you want to restrict read access also, remove read right too....

5) Now no one other than "YOU_GROUP" member will be allowed to create users...

6) One more thing, be sure of  "YOU_GROUP" doesn't inherit any other group.

Regards!!    

Pawan my friend :) thanks a lot for your answer but i have got an error: AttributeError: Field `sel_groups_19` does not exist

Drees Far
on 10/19/15, 8:44 AM

can u pls tell when are u getting this?

Pawan
on 10/19/15, 8:51 AM

i get the error whe i click on create the user in the new profile

Drees Far
on 10/19/15, 9:13 AM
Andreas
On 10/18/15, 11:06 AM

Try to actived technical mode (V8) / developers mode (V9)

Under setting, group menu will show up.

would you be more specific: explain to me please what to put in my new group: allowed only to create users

Drees Far
on 10/18/15, 11:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/18/15, 8:43 AM
Seen: 334 times
Last updated: 11/21/15, 6:09 AM