Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create a lead with messages

rishi kesh
on 3/24/13, 5:36 AM 1,062 views

Hello I managed to get all my emails to the openerp inbox. Now if i get a lead to my email how can i convert that message to a lead? Is that possible or should i create a new lead manually by myself.

good point, trying the same here, It would be great BTW to configure a particular IMAP folder per IMAP Gateway. Regarding your issue, I think OpenERP should be configured to generate the Lead totally automatic if a Email send to i.e. sales@example.com. With our current systems we have managed this in a different way, we drag Email arriving somehow in our personal or sales inboxes into a i.e. Leads folder. Thus the Question to habe IMAP gateway folder configuration above. This gives the user the option which Email goes to a generated lead.

But a action per Message would be great as well!

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 3/24/13, 2:37 PM

Yes i did configure the openerp to convert all the emails to sales@example.com to convert as a new lead. But practically some of our sales guys get leads to their personal inbox and it comes as regular message in the system and the sales guys have to send the email again to sales@exmple.com to convert it as a lead. Instead it would be great to just convert a message as a lead and assign some one. It would save a lot of time.

rishi kesh
on 3/25/13, 9:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/24/13, 5:36 AM
Seen: 1062 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM