Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to create a drop down list field that allows user to "Create and Edit"

Ken Kasai
on 1/19/15, 7:44 AM 656 views

I created a custom model called "x_hr.accounttype" in settings > database > models. Then in the custom model, I created a field called "Account Type" (char size = 0). After that, in HR Employee, I created a many2one field called "Account Type" and object relation as "x_hr.accounttype". It works,

But when I create anything in "Create and Edit" field of the Account Type, the output is always "x_hr.accounttype,1" is there anyone can help?

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

On 1/20/15, 12:50 AM

You just need to define "name" field in your model. It will resolve your issue.

If you are creating new model using python code then you can give either one column with "name" or you need to set _rec_name = '<column>'.

I hope it will fix your issu.

Can we take any other filed than 'name' directly using many2one relation..

aci aisha
on 1/20/15, 1:05 AM

@Aci, not without coding. There are ways, but if you want to just create everything out of configuration, you have to have a field called 'name'.

on 1/20/15, 2:13 AM
Ken Kasai
On 1/20/15, 12:55 AM

how to define the "name" field in the model? can you give me an example? thank you

Hi, You just need to make one more field with field name is "name". I think it is clear to you.

on 1/20/15, 1:02 AM
Hi, thank you for your help. I added a field called "name" in the model. but the output of the drop downlist became "False". 

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. <erp@emiprotechnologies.com> wrote:

Hi, You just need to make one more field with field name is "name". I think it is clear to you.

Emipro Technologies is best in Odoo & eCommerce Application development based outsourcing software firm. We deliver any kind of complex solutions in the domain of Odoo and eCommerce to customers accross the globe. Being in IT business since 2011, We have a strong team of skilled experienced IT experts.Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from startups to large enterprises who realize that they need a professional internet solution to generate revenue streams, establish communication channels or streamline business operations.

Our Services in Odoo includes,
  • Installation
  • Customization
  • Configuration
  • Software Training
  • After Sale Support
  • Maintenance
  • Consulting
Contact info@emiprotechnologies.com for any kind of queries in Odoo. Visit www.emiprotechnologies.com for more details.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post How to create a drop down list field that allows user to "Create and Edit" (73550)

Ken Kasai, Software Engineer
NABI Computer Systems
Tel     : 632-985-6755
Fax    : 632-854-2643
skype/ym id: kenkasai222
Ken Kasai
on 1/20/15, 1:05 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/19/15, 7:44 AM
Seen: 656 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM