This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Here is my .py file

class Associateaccounts_respartner(models.Model):
 _inherit = 'res.partner'
@api.multi
 def associate_count():
 # I need to count how many associate account is there based on one particular contact

associate_count = fields.Integer(compute="associate_count", string='# of Associate', store='true')
 associate_id = fields.One2many('sale.associateaccounts', 'associate_partner_id', string='Associate Accounts')
here is my .xml file
<openerp>    
<data>
<record id="count_associateaccounts_respartner" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form"/>
 <field name="model">res.partner</field>
 <field name="arch" type="xml">
<div name="button_box" position="inside">
 <button class="oe_stat_button" type="action" name="%(associateaccounts.associateaccounts_action)d" attrs="{'invisible': [('customer', '=', False)]}" icon="fa-star">
<field string="Associates" name="associate_count" widget="statinfo"/>
 </button>
</div>
</field>
</record>
</data>
</openerp>
Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

You can have a look at addons/sale_service/models/timesheet.py in Odoo 9.0 to have an example of counting fields & functions. Unless you want to do searches, group bys, etc. the store on the count field is not strictly necessary (but why not, if you ensure that all the dependencies of the computed field are ok).

BTW, usually one2many fields end with 's', so you can distinguish them more easily. For example, "associate_ids" in your case.

I guess your function should look something like:

@api.multi
def associate_account(self):
     for partner in self:
         partner.associate_count = len(partner.associate_ids)

Discard
Author Best Answer
@api.multidef _associate_count(self): 
 for partner in self:
 partner.associate_count = self.env['sale.associateaccounts'].search_count([('partner_id', '=', partner.id)]) 

associate_count = fields.Integer(compute="_associate_count", string='# of Associate', store=True)

associate_id = fields.One2many('sale.associateaccounts', 'associate_partner_id', string='Associate Accounts')

Thanks for your help but it's not working for me.Instead of that I write down the above code but still no luck.Can anybody help?
Discard