Odoo Help

How to copy the value of one field to another on client side ..?

By
Nishant Kashyap
on 5/23/13, 4:16 AM 2,651 views

Hi, I have a char field name home_number and a Boolean field same_as_above and a char field name present_number, I was looking foe something, as I click the same_as_above field I want to copy the above value i.e home_number to the char field present_number.

Can I achieve this in Openerp V7 in views(XML). ..?

Nishant Kashyap
On 5/23/13, 5:12 AM

Okay I got the answer. In .py file

class MyFields(osv.osv):
    _name='my.fields'
    _columns={
         'home_number':fields.char('Home Number',size=100),
         'same_as_above':fields.boolean(),
         'present_number':fields.char('Present Number',size=100)
    }
def onchange_same_as_above(self,cr, uid, ids,same_as_above,home_number,context=None):
    if same_as_above:
        return {'value':{'present_number':home_number,}}
    return {'value':{}}

In XML file

<field name="home_number"/>
<field name="same_as_above" on_change="onchange_same_as_above(same_as_above,present_number)"/>
<field name="present_number"/>
Hasna LAKHRISSI
On 5/29/14, 5:24 AM

Thanks for reply, I want when boolean field is True, then copy the value . In on_change I can use the values from the database , but I cant use the values that are on views , before saving the form ....

patrick
On 5/23/13, 4:22 AM

You want to use the boolean field to behave like a button?

To answer your question: No you cannot do this in XML (only). You need to write some code, and link that code to the field (probably on_change_<name field="">). The linking is done in XML, but the code in your custom python module.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/23/13, 4:16 AM
Seen: 2651 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM