Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to convert incoming email from "Messaging" to an Issue/Task/Lead ?

By
Vasili Pascal
on 12/30/14, 4:31 AM 1,210 views

I see that currently I can only reply on a mesage or put it to the todo list. 

How to convert incoming email from "Messaging"  to an Issue/Task/Lead ? 

Thanks,

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/30/14, 4:38 AM

For each of the Incoming Mail Server, you can set the Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails.  Here you can specify whether or not to create a new object (you can only create one new object) and perform what action.

You need to separate the Incoming Mail Server for Issue, Task and Lead (i.e. use different email address).

hanks for response, but, sometimes my clients send me tasks to my email, but I can do nothing with it. All I can do is forward to another email which is linked with a project. But is there any way to make a set of buttons or a dropdown to convert this message easily or assign to somebody. Thanks

Vasili Pascal
on 6/26/15, 2:34 AM

First, I think it is best if you ask your client to send message to email addresses that are handled by Odoo/OpenERP. Failing that, you can still forward the client's mail to Odoo managed email address so that it can be handled properly. As I've mentioned, after creation of the object, you can still request Odoo (through configurable python code/Server Action) to do whatever you want Odoo to do. One thing is, you can embed keywords into the body or subject of the email (while forwarding) so that the created object (Issue/Task, etc.) can be assigned to specific user, etc. If the mail has been handled by Odoo and it is attached to the wrong object, you can try this apps: https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/mail_move_message/. The app allow you to move the message and relocate it to another object. I haven't got the chance to try it, though, as it works for v8 and not backward compatible. Lastly, Odoo is open source, you can enhance it (within the framework's limit) or integrate it with another software to meet your requirement.

Ivan
on 6/26/15, 2:55 AM
Vasili Pascal
On 1/21/15, 11:29 AM

Thanks for response, but, sometimes my clients send me tasks to my email, but I can do nothing with it. All I can do is forward to another email which is linked with a project. But is there any way to make a set of buttons or a dropdown to convert this message easily or assign to somebody.

Thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/30/14, 4:31 AM
Seen: 1210 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM