Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Control view fields shown?

Dale E. Moore
on 2/17/13, 10:16 AM 930 views

I'd asked another question here about forcing the order of fields in my table. I asked that question because I noticed that my view picked the first field after the standard fields (id serial, create_uid, create_date, write_date, and write_uid) to show in my view.

<field name="arch" type="xml">
    <page string="Bob" groups="base.group_extended">
        <field colspan="4" name="bob_ids" nolabel="1">
            ... how do I control the fields that will display here? ...

For examples...

• Project, Members page shows fields User Name, and eMail.
  • Project, Task Stages page shows fields Sequence and Stage Name.
  • Project, Messages page shows fields Message, From and To.

In each of the Members, Task Stages and Messages pages the fields displayed are not the first fields in their respective tables.

Dale E. Moore
On 2/17/13, 12:52 PM

My example didn't show that it was a form. The fix was to keep the form without the page tags then create a tree with the page tags and the fields I want to show. OpenERP works wonderfully showing the tree in the page then when I click on a row in the tree the form appears.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/17/13, 10:16 AM
Seen: 930 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM