This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi everybody!

I want to modify my reports with Report Designer, but I can't connect to the server. FYI, I use the following URL to connect to OpenERP: arsdata.my.openerp.com. And when I'm trying to connect thanks to Report Designer, I use those information:

1. Server: arsdata.my.openerp.com
  2. Port: 8069
  3. Protocol Connection: XML-RPC
  4. Database: arsdata
  5. Login: I use the email linked with my User account, in OpenERP
  6. Password: My password

And I received the message: "Connection denied. Please enter valid login/password.". I feel a little bit stupid about this... So maybe someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Discard

I face the same problem. The topic http://help.openerp.com/question/4900/openerp-online-what-are-the-parameters-for-the-report-designer-or-the-thunderbird-plugin/ gives some steps, but it does not work for me. I create anew user in my instance, login is the email ID of that user and set a password for him through "Change Password". On using these parameters in OpenOffice 3.2.1, I still get "Connection denied. Please enter valid login/password". I wonder what I do wrong here. Does it work for you?

Best Answer

Hi, I have exactly the same issue.

Did you find the solution?

Discard
Author

No, nobody provided me a solution for now... That said, I'm trying another way to get what I want: It seems that the developper mode can help me to edit the layout of my documents, but for now, I'm still searching. If you have some news, please let me now!