Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure thermal printer to work with POS webclient ver7

By
joenen
on 2/20/13, 5:10 PM 5,941 views

what modules do I require? I could not figure it out from the documentation. How will the webclient communicate with hardware?

You might want to have a look at this to make all of it much easier: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opensource-your-shop

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 12/22/13, 2:24 AM

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 2/20/13, 5:34 PM

For the thermal printer, first you should install the correct driver & setting it as the default system printer, and to make the POS print directly I used a Firefox plug-in called "AttendPrint" (this will prevent the print preview/dialog to appear). The Barcode reader gun, it will work automatically as the device sends a number nothing more.( tested with Win 7 & Ubuntu 12.10 )

You need Warehouse, Sales, POS (and others according to your needs). UPDATE: Found new addon for newer Firefox versions called "Seamless Print" does the exact job as well. Hope it help..%

thats good and will try it out and post feedback. im curious about printing directly, sending raw data to serial port for example.

joenen
on 2/20/13, 6:01 PM

Thanks. Attendprint works very well. Is there anyway to change the font with attendprint.

mamak111
on 3/4/13, 10:12 AM
agb80
On 12/22/13, 2:07 AM

You could try using this app: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS

Supports any usb ECS/PoS compatible device.

Bilal Ghayad
On 12/23/13, 6:54 PM

I need to know what is the suggested point of sales units that is working with openerp7 and it is touch screen? Can someone advise me for good models?

Regards Bilal

OK, is there any suggested provider that sell printers to be used with POS in openerp?

Bilal Ghayad
on 12/25/13, 3:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/13, 5:10 PM
Seen: 5941 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM