This question has been flagged
3 Replies

My OpenERP server (HTTP, port 80) runs on a VM behind an Apache reverse proxy (HTTPS, port 443). Both the web interface and Python using xmlrpclib work without problems.

Unfortunately, the Thunderbird plugin does not connect to the server. It says:

Server unreachable or login Failed, please check your connection settings

The server name in the plugin is correct, the port number (443) is correct, username and password are correct. I tried both XML-RPC and XML-RPCS.

Is there anything I have to configure in either in OpenERP server or the plugin?

Discard
Author Best Answer

OK, it works now:

1. I tried with XML-RPC on port 80 instead XML-RPCS on port 443, which works, but cannot be used in production, of course.

2. I added the self-signed certificate of the server explicitely with the used server name to the trusted certificates of Thunderbird - now it works with XML-RPCS as well!

It is funny, because Thunderbird already trusted this certificate, but for arbitrary addresses. It seems to be important to add the server name that is actually used, too.

Discard

It's works for me too with XML-RPCS. Just export certificate from the website and import it into your thunderbird. Great!

Best Answer

Hi,

Configure Thunderbird plugin in OpenERP

if a connect with database mrp (for example) i have this problem :

image description

start /restart openerp its ok:

image description

install thunderbird in database mrp:

image description

I can create contacts

image description

Discard
Author

Unfortunately, the page is not helpful, because it does not explain, whether there are any configuration steps on the server or what to do when the plugin complains: "Server unreachable or login Failed, please check your connection settings"

Best Answer

I have tried many different solutions now and nothing seems to work. 

In odoo 7.saas~3 I can't install the plugin. All I find is how to activate it under Settings - Configuration/Sales and at the bottom there's the option to enable it. But I still can't connect from thunderbird. ??????

Discard