Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure product packing in openerp 7.0? [Closed]

By
Vikram
on 7/31/13, 10:22 AM 3,948 views

The Question has been closed

by
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 10/05/2013 14:44:21

Hi,

Currently working in Openerp 7.0. I need to know how to configure a product packing. Ex. Pencil (box) is my product(type:buy). I purchased from supplier in box packing( 1 Box = 10 Pencil). Now I Want to sell in PCS. In existing configuration box only come in sales form. Is there any configuration for Converting a box to pcs and vice-versa. How to configure these without creating another product like Pencil(pcs). Thanks in Advance....

Alain Ivars
On 7/31/13, 10:59 AM

There are a work around to your problem by put your item by unit else if you by it by box of 10. Yes that must I agree That should be possible to by item by 1000 and can sell its by 1 / 5 / 10 / 100 with different prices and reduction by lot.

Look at here they have found 2 solutions ;)
help.openerp.com/question/9682/how-to-sell-the-same-product-with-different-units-of-measure/

There also an other solution in warehouse-modules:
www.netcerto.eu/en/openerp-possibilities/warehouse-modules

Thanks for info...

Vikram
on 8/1/13, 2:56 AM

Hi Alain, Have you had any experience with this in 8.0 (ie. RC1)? I see there are ways to assign packaging and logistic units in v8, however I am having trouble understanding how it works. For example if I purchase 4000 cases of soft drinks, each case has 24 cans total. This case could then be subdivided into 6 packs and then individual units. I'm trying to figure out first of all how to setup purchasing for these products (ie. do I setup purchase by the can or case), and how I can keep track of inventory for selling by case, 6-pack, or individual unit on what is technically the same physical product. Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Luke Branch
on 7/23/14, 4:17 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/31/13, 10:22 AM
Seen: 3948 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM