Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

1

How to configure payment term for early payment discount?

By
Robert Klüsener
on 5/23/13, 2:49 PM 3,346 views

How can I configure a payment term for an early payment discount. For example I need a payment term that allows the customer to draw of 2% of invoice total if he pays within 7 days. Invoice has to be paid within 30 days. I used the following two lines for computation:

Computation Amount To Pay Number of Days Day of the Month
Percent 0.980000 7 0
Balance 0.000000 30 0

It works if I add it to customers invoices but if I add it to suppliers invoices the amount to pay is always 100%. Why is that?

1

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
1252
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 5/23/13, 4:25 PM

OpenERP doesn't quite handle early payment discount terms. I believe 98% 7 days ends up meaning that the first 98% of the bill is due within 7 days, and the remaining 2% due after 30 days from invoicing.

AFAIK there is at least a framework to implement this in older versions. It's in the trunk of extra addons but hasn't been updated in a long time. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-extra-addons/files/head:/account_cash_discount/ The code would probably need some tweaking to get working on 7.0.

If someone else has come up with an updated version for 7.0 I'd love to hear about it. NovaPoint Group hasn't updated their module expanding on it from 6.0 either...

So that means if I add a computation line like "percent, amount to pay 0.98, number of days 7, day of month 0" it means that within 7 days 98% percent of the total amount have to be paid and not that within 7 days only this amount has to be paid, right?

Feuerwear GmbH & Co. KG, Robert Klüsener
on 5/24/13, 5:38 AM

That's correct. The invoice will stay open and state that the remaining balance is still 2% of the original amount.

Brett Lehrer
on 5/24/13, 8:28 PM

Thank you for that answer. So I guess the standard payment terms do not work for me.

Feuerwear GmbH & Co. KG, Robert Klüsener
on 5/27/13, 8:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/23/13, 2:49 PM
Seen: 3346 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM