This question has been flagged
1 Reply

How can I configure a payment term for an early payment discount. For example I need a payment term that allows the customer to draw of 2% of invoice total if he pays within 7 days. Invoice has to be paid within 30 days. I used the following two lines for computation:

Computation Amount To Pay Number of Days Day of the Month
Percent 0.980000 7 0
Balance 0.000000 30 0

It works if I add it to customers invoices but if I add it to suppliers invoices the amount to pay is always 100%. Why is that?

Discard
Best Answer

OpenERP doesn't quite handle early payment discount terms. I believe 98% 7 days ends up meaning that the first 98% of the bill is due within 7 days, and the remaining 2% due after 30 days from invoicing.

AFAIK there is at least a framework to implement this in older versions. It's in the trunk of extra addons but hasn't been updated in a long time. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-extra-addons/files/head:/account_cash_discount/ The code would probably need some tweaking to get working on 7.0.

If someone else has come up with an updated version for 7.0 I'd love to hear about it. NovaPoint Group hasn't updated their module expanding on it from 6.0 either...

Discard
Author

So that means if I add a computation line like "percent, amount to pay 0.98, number of days 7, day of month 0" it means that within 7 days 98% percent of the total amount have to be paid and not that within 7 days only this amount has to be paid, right?

That's correct. The invoice will stay open and state that the remaining balance is still 2% of the original amount.

Author

Thank you for that answer. So I guess the standard payment terms do not work for me.