Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure messaging system properly?

By
Oriol Boan
on 7/5/13, 9:58 AM 1,410 views

I currently can send messages using the "Compose a new message" from any registered user to any other, as all they are registered users in my erp system. But I can not send messages, in the same way, to external users ie using a gmail recipient account belonging to a user who is not registered. That user never receives the mail.

Also when the internal mail is sent by the admin (using 'Compose a new message') user to any other registered user, then if that other user answers to the admin by clicking the arrow icon, the admin receives the response without any problem, but if the same is done from a different user than admin then that other user never receives the response done by clicking the arrow icon from the second user.

I configured four both incoming and outgoing mail servers, belonging to the four registered users I've been testing (the same mail server but different login credentials), included the admin user. The mail server is an imap / smtp server located in a local virtual box served by iRedMail, with a domain pointing to that server. OpenERP users have email and alias the same (the mail addresses used as the username credential set in the configured mail servers), and the "Receive Feeds by Email" set as Never.

Using roundcube and thunderbird I can receive and send mails from and to any kind of addresses, including external gmails. Thunderbird asked for to confirm the security exception due to not recognizing a valid certificate, but once confirmed, it goes on ok. OpenERP didn't make this security question ever. I really don't know why some things work and other not. Please any advice or help. Thx

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/5/13, 9:58 AM
Seen: 1410 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM