Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure email aliases? [Closed]

By
Lawrence
on 2/24/13, 12:25 PM 10,277 views

The Question has been closed

by
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 05/07/2014 15:28:16

I have a catch all email address, catchall@company.com, and I want to configure the system to create new leads for those emails addressed to sales@company.com but direct emails to users' inbox for anything addressed to userx@company.com.

The first is easy since it is already set up. Alias: 'sales', Aliased model: 'Lead/Opportunity', Owner: 'Administrator', Default values: '{'type':'lead'}'.

For the personal mailboxes I have so far: Alias: 'userx', Aliased model: 'Email thread', but I am not sure what needs to be inserted in the final two settings. Please can someone post their configurations here?

Thanks.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/24/13, 2:56 PM

Unless you have very specific needs, you never have to create aliases manually. Alias are defined directly on 'sales teams', 'projects', 'users', 'mail groups', etc.

To define an alias that create leads, just set the alias on the Sales Team.

For a user, it's alias is his login by default.

Fabien, how to assign all coming mails to the cureent Customer (Lead, Opportunity, Customer)?

spamasjega
on 5/7/14, 7:02 AM
spamasjega
On 5/7/14, 7:04 AM

Guys

How to assign all coming mails to the current Customer (Lead, Opportunity, Customer)?

Added default value {'type':'lead'} but this assigns only to the Lead. Do I need to select another Aliased Model?

Carl Lalonde
On 10/1/14, 8:08 AM

Hi,

I need my incomming e-mail in the openerp 8 "inbox" for all user like a typical mailbox for a lot of reasons. I can see that a i need to use alias but i don't fully understand, is someone can help me to disociate some possibility founded after a google research.

If i can to what i wanna do with the alias fonction, why some forum talk about the "add record" and "server action" from the incomming server option. Also is every user will be able to view email of each other? cause this will be bad :/

Maybe you need to know that my mail account is on my hosted domain, and my OperERP is on my private server, my domain just point to my private server.

Thanks a lot!

Carl

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

5 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/24/13, 12:25 PM
Seen: 10277 times
Last updated: 11/28/16, 12:48 PM