Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure Chart of Account for a child company?

Anirudh Lou
on 12/15/14, 3:10 AM 564 views

Hi to all, Does any one knows how to fix this constraints error :

Constraint Error

A tax fiscal position could be defined only once time on same taxes.

This happened when i create another child company and  then configured it's chart of accounts.

PS. i created child company 2 days after i have created my database.

Any response is much appreciated.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Ludo - Neobis
On 12/15/14, 3:19 AM

Sounds like your pointing your fiscal position to a tax that does not belong to the company the fiscal position is being configured for. 

Also, how did you install the chart of accounts? Did you go to settings --> configuration --> accounting and select the option there, or was it installed manually?

Make sure your user is set to multi companies as well. This should show you the drop-down boxes for other companies to be configured on every applicable object. Check how fiscal position is configured like that.

i did the former sir, settings --> configuration --> accounting.

Anirudh Lou
on 12/15/14, 3:24 AM

Sir, can set Fiscal Position, Tax and Account manually?

Anirudh Lou
on 12/15/14, 10:50 PM

You can, but you should not have. When does the error appear? What exact steps are taken? This is al quite important to know. Another option would be to search the code for the exact error and see what causes it.

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/16/14, 4:48 AM

Copy sir. Thanks a lot. Can i ask more question? In multi company, is it possible for mother company to make sale order for it's child company?

Anirudh Lou
on 12/16/14, 9:14 PM

Please create separate question for this. That way more people are able to answer it.

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/18/14, 8:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/15/14, 3:10 AM
Seen: 564 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM