Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to configure an email per user?

By
Alejandro Santana
on 4/10/13, 9:25 PM 1,630 views

We want use use gmail accounts (with specific domain) within OpenERP. So far we have managed to succesfully configure one gmail account and works fine to send invoices or anything needed.

But, is there a way to set/configure one email account per user? The goal is to use one email account for invoicing, another one for marketing, etc. Or maybe johndoe@mydomain for seller John Doe, janedoe@mydomain for manager Jane Doe, and so forth.

Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance. BTW: We are interested in both v6.1 and v7.0.

Mustafa Rawi
On 9/26/13, 9:54 PM

You may try to set this in the Settings > Technical > Email > Templates. Each template can be set to use a certain gateway. Find the field labeled Outgoing Mail Server on the Advanced tab in each template.

This method has its limits and just a work around. May be someone else can provide a solid solutions for you.

Nicolas C
On 4/11/13, 6:48 PM

Hello,

I run v6.1 and did not try to send email right now (it's in my todo) but I already was able to define an email adress for a given user. I just simply fill the email field within user creation view (settigns menu).

Hope this will help. Have a nice day. @++ Nicolas

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/13, 9:25 PM
Seen: 1630 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM