This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Dear All,

A simple question: how do you close a project task. I know you can set the task fase to “done”. But is this really the same as actually marking a task as completed?

Thank you for your reactions.

Bob 

Discard
Best Answer

In my experience on Odoo v16 only:

1. I can confirm that the 'Closed tasks' you want to set on a given task is only related to the column setting called 'Folded in Kanban' rather than anything else. By moving tasks into these specific columns you are then 'setting' a task closed.

2. It does not matter:
    1. What name the column has. For ex. you could have 2 columns in your Kanban board called 'Done' and 'Cancelled'.
    2. Where this column is positioned in your Kanban stage flow. Does not need to be at the right side.

3. More important is that each column can function to set tasks as Closed, as long as you configure the 'Folded in Kanban' parameter as TRUE:
    1. Click on the gear icon on the top of the column to access these settings:  

By setting this parameter you'll get something like this on your project task view (Kanban):

Now when I move the 'test' task to this column it will be considered Closed. To prove this, you can filter on 'Closed tasks' where that task should still be counted in the Done column:

When switching back to a filtered view with only open tasks, you should now see this this task no longer being considered 'Open'

Make sure you deactivate the 'closed tasks' filter

Additionally when the column Done is becoming to long, you can Archive items from that column by unfolding the Done column and then click the gear icon and choose 'Archive All':

I hope this helps you understand how Odoo behaves.

Discard
Best Answer

I know this is an old thread, but the question was not answered and I would like to know the answer.

How do I set a Task or Issue "closed". I found out that one can define a Stage as "Is a close stage", which I did for one of my project stages (in Odoo 9). However, if I move an issue to that stage it does not show up as "closed" in the report. How can that be achieved?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

EDIT 11/2016: There is still no real answer to the question. I am aware of the concept of stages and folding stages (discussed below), but the question is: how and when is an issue defined as closed? Moving it to a stage that is defined as close stage does not do the trick (although I guess it should). To further clarify: in the Pivot table view you can filter for "Closed" issues and you can use "Days to close" or "Working hours to close" as measures. However, in v9e these fields never contain a value or simply do not work. So, how can I get them to work? 

Discard
Best Answer

Thomas, 
Did you (or someone here) manage to get it (tasks closing by moving to Stage, which "Is a close stage"?
In theory it should then update "Working hours to close" as well (when task is moved to a close satege)?

Discard
Best Answer

Tasks go through stages, and the final one is the 'done', this is the standard. The 'done' task type is marked as 'Folded', and dropped from the task count. In such case one can consider it as 'completed'.

I think this is a matter of definition. What do you think?

Discard

good argument, which can also help to define filters on tasks!

Author Best Answer

Indeed, it is about definition and terminology. Is a “fase" the same as a “status”?

I guess I’m still confused with the concept of "task fases”. If tasks are defined on a low level then the Kanban visualization seems not so relevant to me. Tasks then simply can take on status/fase/stage “new”, “in progress” and “done”. If they are defined on a higher level than they are like mini-project and the Kanban view and the typical fases like “specification”, “design” and so on become relevant...   

Also, in the project definition the tab “project fase” is misleading as these are task fases and not project fases like you would have in a waterfall project.

Thank you for your reaction Tarek. Any further comments?

Discard