Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to close a project task

By
Bob
on 8/25/15, 4:30 AM 728 views

Dear All,

A simple question: how do you close a project task. I know you can set the task fase to “done”. But is this really the same as actually marking a task as completed?

Thank you for your reactions.

Bob 

Thomas
On 6/13/16, 1:48 PM

I know this is an old thread, but the question was not answered and I would like to know the answer.

How do I set a Task or Issue "closed". I found out that one can define a Stage as "Is a close stage", which I did for one of my project stages (in Odoo 9). However, if I move an issue to that stage it does not show up as "closed" in the report. How can that be achieved?

Thanks for any answers in advance!

EDIT 11/2016: There is still no real answer to the question. I am aware of the concept of stages and folding stages (discussed below), but the question is: how and when is an issue defined as closed? Moving it to a stage that is defined as close stage does not do the trick (although I guess it should). To further clarify: in the Pivot table view you can filter for "Closed" issues and you can use "Days to close" or "Working hours to close" as measures. However, in v9e these fields never contain a value or simply do not work. So, how can I get them to work? 

Bob
On 8/25/15, 5:01 AM

Indeed, it is about definition and terminology. Is a “fase" the same as a “status”?

I guess I’m still confused with the concept of "task fases”. If tasks are defined on a low level then the Kanban visualization seems not so relevant to me. Tasks then simply can take on status/fase/stage “new”, “in progress” and “done”. If they are defined on a higher level than they are like mini-project and the Kanban view and the typical fases like “specification”, “design” and so on become relevant...   

Also, in the project definition the tab “project fase” is misleading as these are task fases and not project fases like you would have in a waterfall project.

Thank you for your reaction Tarek. Any further comments?

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim

--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--
| 5 3 7
Gîza, Egypt
--Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim--

I am an old VFP developer on ERP

I have moved to 2p since Nov-2014 and started developing with Python on Odoo.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/public-profile-settings?trk=prof-edit-edit-public_profile

tibrahim@2p.com.sa

Tarek Mohamed Ibrahim
On 8/25/15, 4:40 AM

Tasks go through stages, and the final one is the 'done', this is the standard. The 'done' task type is marked as 'Folded', and dropped from the task count. In such case one can consider it as 'completed'.

I think this is a matter of definition. What do you think?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/25/15, 4:30 AM
Seen: 728 times
Last updated: 6/13/16, 2:14 PM