This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hey Everyone,

Here is my use case:

We are doing a manufacturing plant.  They maintain a store room, where they stock supplies (repair parts for machines, gloves, tools, etc.).  Goods are issued to various departments.  They want to track department expenses by stock use.  I.E. goods are bought in, and put in stock.  When they are issued, the accounting system should record some kind of transaction so that financial reports show consumption by department.

I had thought to use analytic accounting and internal transfers to do this.  However, there is no way to associate a stock move to an analytic account, and there don't appear to be any custom modules for that.  Any suggestions on how I could provide this solution?

Regards,

John

Discard
Best Answer

Create a Production location for each department, and set an Incoming and Outgoing stock account for the location.

When you move goods from Stock --> Production, with real time inventory set, there will be an Accounting transaction.  This also works with Manufacturing Orders, since there is a 'Consume' movement of goods.

Discard