Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to checkout/branch bazaar banches of OpenERP ?

By
xiaolong97427
on 2/13/13, 10:21 AM 3,853 views

I am trying to install OpenERP V7.0 from launchPad. I did the :

sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server
sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons
sudo bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

but folder addons is empty. Is it normal ? I also try openobject-server/trunk. Same result.

have you installed bzr? do you use three different commands separately? : sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server etc.

Jānis
on 2/13/13, 11:10 AM

No its not normal, the folder addons has a size of 850 Mo

Camptocamp SA
on 2/13/13, 12:51 PM

Thx Vaucher

Indeed it seems that it doesn't download all.... but how come ?

What does the command line : bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons ?

xiaolong97427
on 2/13/13, 5:57 PM

I added a link in my answer, using checkout instead of branch is another way to use the revisioning system. Branch is in pull / push mode and checkout is in update / commit mode.

The option --lightweight, only usable with checkout mode, won't download the whole history.

Camptocamp SA
on 2/14/13, 7:07 AM

Don't you get any error message during the download?

Camptocamp SA
on 2/14/13, 7:07 AM

The --lightweight mode works fine. I was able to download the addons. Thanks again. But as you mentionned, I didn't get any error message on the screen. While downloading I don't have the hand on the "prompt", but then suddently I got i back, but the folder addons is empty. Swap mem looks fine also

xiaolong97427
on 2/15/13, 7:10 AM

Doing bzr co lp:~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk --lightweight addons for all repositories will help you get files downloaded quickly and successfully.

Yashodhan Kulkarni
on 4/11/14, 11:30 AM

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 2/13/13, 12:56 PM

Maybe your download failed. It's quite long to get it.

You could try getting the addons branch with

bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons

--lightweight option specifies that you don't download the whole history This makes a download of a 200Mo branch instead of the complete 850Mo branch.

As the addons branch is quite big and active, the history itself, you got it, has a size of 650Mo.

By the way you shouldn't need to use sudo for bzr.

doc: Getting a lightweight checkout

xiaolong97427
On 2/13/13, 3:09 PM

Thx for answering;

Indeed it seems that it doesn't download all.... but how come ?

What does the command line : bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons ?

Please note that comments should not be posted as "Answers".

Daniel Reis
on 2/13/13, 5:20 PM
Yashodhan Kulkarni
On 4/11/14, 11:10 AM

I was having all Addons inside my openobject-addons directory.

Then I did rm -fr /srv/openerp/openobject-addons

But Now when I'm trying

bzr branch lp:openobject-addons /srv/openerp/openobject-addons directory is Blank/Empty with only .bzr directory

I'm totally frustrated but not able to get any file/directory as it used to be earlier under my addons directory using bzr.

Please Help!

OK, I managed to get it work by removing addons folder first then by entering following command to featch all files into addons directory. bzr co lp:~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk --lightweight addons

Yashodhan Kulkarni
on 4/11/14, 11:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/13/13, 10:21 AM
Seen: 3853 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM