Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to check if a value exists in another table?

By
Uillino
on 9/9/15, 10:38 AM 550 views

I would like to check if the id of a model exists in another attribute of another table.

E.g.: I have inserted a new entry in '1st_model', which id is '1'. When I go and see the form view of this entry, a function must be able to check if there is a value '1' in the field 'example' of the table '2nd_model' (example=1 is True)..

Is it possible to write such a function?

yes quite easy. just make your second field as computed and on method of computed field use search on another table or any logic what you need.

Yogesh
on 9/9/15, 3:10 PM

Could you explain better, please? Thank you!

Uillino
on 9/10/15, 3:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/9/15, 10:38 AM
Seen: 550 times
Last updated: 9/10/15, 3:04 AM